Find Us on Facebook & Twitter – AYSO Region 767 // Fall Season Starts September 12
Download your NEW Kentwood AYSO Mobile App Today!
Kentwood AYSO Updates
Crazy about soccer!
Kentwood AYSO Picture Day Schedule
Here’s the picture day schedule for this coming Saturday, September 19, 2015:
Location: Pat Patterson Soccer Complex
All players should show up at least 15 minutes prior to actual picture time below
Picture day will occur rain or shine. In the event of RAIN photos will be taken inside the school.
U5 1 10:10AM
U5 2 10:10AM
U6 1 12:20PM
U6 2 12:20PM
U6 3 12:35PM
U6 4 9:40AM
U6 5 12:40PM
U6 6 9:45AM
Boys U8 TEAM
BU8 1 11:15AM
BU8 2 11:20AM
BU8 3 1:30PM
BU8 4 9:35AM
BU8 5 12:30PM
BU8 6 9:40AM
BU8 7 1:35PM
BU8 8 12:35PM
Girls U8 TEAM
GU8 1 9:20AM
GU8 2 9:30AM
GU8 3 12:10PM
GU8 4 12:15PM
Boys U10 TEAM
BU10 1 9:00AM
BU10 2 9:05AM
BU10 3 1:00PM
BU10 4 2:00PM
BU10 5 1:05PM
BU10 6 2:05PM
Girls U10 TEAM
GU10 1 11:05AM
GU10 2 11:10AM
GU10 3 12:00PM
GU10 4 12:05PM
Boys U12 TEAM
BU12 1 11:00AM
BU12 2 9:00AM
BU12 3 10:45AM
BU12 4 11:50PM
Girls U12 TEAM
GU12 1 1:15PM
GU12 2 9:10AM
Boys U14 TEAM
BU14 1 10:15AM
BU14 2 11:40AM
Girls U14 TEAM
GU14 1 9:50AM
GU14 2 10:40AM
GU16/19 1 1:50PM
GU16/19 2 12:45PM
VIP Check w/Coach George or Coach Chelsea
Welcome to Kentwood AYSO Fall 2015!
First and Foremost THANK YOU for signing up for KENTWOOD AYSO!!!! We are so happy to have you as part of our AYSO Family this season. By now you should have heard from your coach, attended a practice or started preparing for our opening day on September 12, 2015!
At AYSO we have Six Philosophies that we live by, they are:
- Everyone Plays® – Our goal is for kids to play soccer – so we mandate that every player on every team must play at least half of every game.
- Balanced Teams – We require every region at the start of each season to set up teams as evenly balanced as possible. It’s more fun when teams are of equal ability.
- Positive Coaching – This builds a positive team spirit. We train and encourage our coaches to make the extra effort to understand and offer positive help to our players, rather than negative criticism.
- Open Registration – Our programs are open to all children ages 4 – 18 who want to register and play soccer. Interest and enthusiasm are the only requirements for playing.
- Good Sportsmanship – We create a positive environment based on mutual respect, rather than a win-at-all-costs attitude. All of our programs are designed to instill good sportsmanship in every facet of AYSO.
- Player Development – We believe that all players should be able to develop their soccer skills and knowledge to the best of their abilities, both individually and as members of a team, in order to maximize their enjoyment of the game
Kentwood AYSO is a Kid Zone and when you are with us we need you to make sure you follow and understand those rules:
- Kids are #1
- Fun is most important, winning is NOT everything
- Fans only cheer, only coaches coach
- NO yelling in anger
- Respect Everyone; we are all volunteers
- No Swearing
- No Alcohol, tobacco, or controlled substances
- Leave no trash behind
- Set a Proper Example of Good Sportsmanship
Important Fall Dates:
- Sept 12 – First Games
- Sept 19 – Picture Day
- Sept 26 – Sub Orders & Money Due (you can earn a free season by selling J)
- Oct 1 – Early Bird Registration for Spring Begins
- Oct 10 – Subs Delivered
- Oct 31 – End of Season
Need to know Items:
- While pets are important and part of the family, they are not allowed at AYSO practices or Games. Only Uniformed Service Dogs are allowed. This is to keep players and guest safe. While fido may be friendly; attendees may have severe allergies, fears, etc J Thank you for respecting this important and strictly enforced rule
- When choosing your spot for games, please respect the coaches on one side of the field and parents/spectators on the opposite side of the field during games. This makes it easiest for the kids as they have one side of friends/family and one side that is their team/coach. This makes coaching easier and helps get kids/families prepared for what is expected as they move up divisions
- U5 Parents – Please note that your participation is REQUIRED at this level. Each player needs a parent (support adult) to assist them on the field alongside the on-field coaching staff to learn and practice. Please be prepared to be participate.
- Text Kentwood to 70359 – This will allow you to receive texts regarding game cancellations due to weather, etc. You will NOT receive any solicitation texts, only information pertaining to game cancellations/reschedules.
- Make sure your son/daughter brings their ball, soccer shoes, and shin guards to ALL practices and games
So what is your overall role as a parent this season? We’re glad you asked!
Support Your Child
Support your child by giving encouragement and showing an interest in his or her team. Help your child work toward skill improvement and good sportsmanship in every game. Teach your child that hard work and an honest effort are often more important than victory. Your child will be a winner, even in defeat.
Always Be Positive
Parents are not participants on their child’s team. However, they do contribute to the success experienced by their child and the team. Parents serve as role models for their children. Applaud good plays by your child’s team and by the opposing team. Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from youth sporting activities.
Be Enthusiastic and Supportive
Let children set their own goals and play the game for themselves. Be careful not to impose your own standards and goals on your child. Don’t put too heavy a burden on your child to win games. Surveys reveal that 72 percent of children would rather play for a losing team than ride the bench for a winner.
Reinforce Positive Behavior
The best way to help a child to achieve goals and reduce the natural fear of failure is through positive reinforcement. No one likes to make a mistake. If your child does make one, remember that he or she is still learning. Encourage your child’s efforts and point out the good things your child accomplished.
Let Coaches Coach and Refs Ref
Coaches and referees are ALL VOLUNTEERS. They volunteer their time to help make your child’s youth soccer experience a positive one. They need your support, too. What coaches and referees don’t need is your help in coaching from the sidelines. So please refrain from coaching during games and practices. Referees (youth or adult refs have been trained) and are not the “bad guys.” They are volunteers, too, and need your support and encouragement. Treat them and their calls fairly and respectfully.
HELP Out where you can
Since we are an all-volunteer organization we are always looking for support with painting fields, setting up nets for the day, tearing down at the end of the day, etc. There is a multitude of ways that you can help that you can do without having to commit hours of time to us. All you have to do is reach out to us. You can fill out a volunteer form online atwww.eayso.org and fill out as a new/returning volunteer and shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know where you can help out. Don’t assume your child’s coach wouldn’t like support, offer to help out at practice or even on game day with little things, they are a volunteer too. Any help is better than none.
Lastly, we would not be here without awesome families like yours joining us each season. We are proud to be a part of your life and hope that you are able to enjoy the season as much as we are. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions. You can find specific board member contact information on our website www.kentwoodayso.org
We look forward to seeing you on the fields this weekend; Take pictures and share them with us on Facebook!
Kentwood AYSO Board Members
Game Schedule Excel File Download
To download the Game Schedule Excel File, click here.
The Fall Season is Here!
We’ve painted the fields and checked the air in the game balls, the teams are set, the refs are ready and all we’re waiting for is YOU! Our Season starts September 12, 2015 and we can’t wait!
Please note: There are new field configurations this season. Please see the maps on our website under: Home>Region Information>Field Locations, or click here to go the Field Locations page.
The Coaches, Referees and Staff of
Events on October 8, 2015