Find Us on Facebook & Twitter – AYSO Region 767 // Early Bird Registration for Spring Season is now open!
Download your NEW Kentwood AYSO Mobile App Today!
Kentwood AYSO Updates
Crazy about soccer!
End of Fall Season Wrap Up
It’s hard to believe it’s the end of the season already! With that in mind, there are some items that need addressed:
- Remember to wear something underneath your jersey this weekend as they need to be returned to us.
- Don’t forget to stay for your medals!
- Early Bird registration has been extended until midnight, Sunday, November 1! Take advantage of a lower fee and a guaranteed spot on a team for next Spring! You can register online at eAYSO.org.
Like Kentwood AYSO on Facebook and Twitter for updates on information for next season. Next season starts in early April, this is the best way to get the latest scoop!
A big thank you to all of the players, parents, coaches, referees and volunteers who made Fall 2015 a big success!
We are a volunteer run organization and will always gladly accept help. Please consider volunteering with us. Contact us on our web site, our Facebook page or our Twitter feed to help out.
The Board and Staff of Kentwood AYSO
It’s a Big Weekend at Kentwood AYSO! Pictures are in! Subs are in! Early Bird registration has opened!
The pictures are in and a reminder to coaches to pick up picture packs at the concession stand starting around 9:30 AM.
We will also be distributing the subs near the concession stand on Saturday, too. Make sure you have plenty of space in the trunk of your car for your subs! You might want to leave some room for the spare tire, too!
Early Bird registration for Spring 2016 has opened. Take advantage of Early Bird pricing and get a guaranteed spot on a team for next Spring. Early Bird registration will be in effect until the end of October. You can register online at www.eayso.org or in person at the concession stand during regular concession stand hours.
We hope to see you out there!
The Board and Staff of Kentwood AYSO
Welcome to Kentwood AYSO Fall 2015!
First and Foremost THANK YOU for signing up for KENTWOOD AYSO!!!! We are so happy to have you as part of our AYSO Family this season. By now you should have heard from your coach, attended a practice or started preparing for our opening day on September 12, 2015!
At AYSO we have Six Philosophies that we live by, they are:
- Everyone Plays® – Our goal is for kids to play soccer – so we mandate that every player on every team must play at least half of every game.
- Balanced Teams – We require every region at the start of each season to set up teams as evenly balanced as possible. It’s more fun when teams are of equal ability.
- Positive Coaching – This builds a positive team spirit. We train and encourage our coaches to make the extra effort to understand and offer positive help to our players, rather than negative criticism.
- Open Registration – Our programs are open to all children ages 4 – 18 who want to register and play soccer. Interest and enthusiasm are the only requirements for playing.
- Good Sportsmanship – We create a positive environment based on mutual respect, rather than a win-at-all-costs attitude. All of our programs are designed to instill good sportsmanship in every facet of AYSO.
- Player Development – We believe that all players should be able to develop their soccer skills and knowledge to the best of their abilities, both individually and as members of a team, in order to maximize their enjoyment of the game
Kentwood AYSO is a Kid Zone and when you are with us we need you to make sure you follow and understand those rules:
- Kids are #1
- Fun is most important, winning is NOT everything
- Fans only cheer, only coaches coach
- NO yelling in anger
- Respect Everyone; we are all volunteers
- No Swearing
- No Alcohol, tobacco, or controlled substances
- Leave no trash behind
- Set a Proper Example of Good Sportsmanship
Important Fall Dates:
- Sept 12 – First Games
- Sept 19 – Picture Day
- Sept 26 – Sub Orders & Money Due (you can earn a free season by selling J)
- Oct 1 – Early Bird Registration for Spring Begins
- Oct 10 – Subs Delivered
- Oct 31 – End of Season
Need to know Items:
- While pets are important and part of the family, they are not allowed at AYSO practices or Games. Only Uniformed Service Dogs are allowed. This is to keep players and guest safe. While fido may be friendly; attendees may have severe allergies, fears, etc J Thank you for respecting this important and strictly enforced rule
- When choosing your spot for games, please respect the coaches on one side of the field and parents/spectators on the opposite side of the field during games. This makes it easiest for the kids as they have one side of friends/family and one side that is their team/coach. This makes coaching easier and helps get kids/families prepared for what is expected as they move up divisions
- U5 Parents – Please note that your participation is REQUIRED at this level. Each player needs a parent (support adult) to assist them on the field alongside the on-field coaching staff to learn and practice. Please be prepared to be participate.
- Text Kentwood to 84483 – This will allow you to receive texts regarding game cancellations due to weather, etc. You will NOT receive any solicitation texts, only information pertaining to game cancellations/reschedules. (Message and data rates may apply. Text HELP for help. Text STOP to cancel alerts at any time. For additional assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org Privacy Statement Terms & Conditions)
- Make sure your son/daughter brings their ball, soccer shoes, and shin guards to ALL practices and games
So what is your overall role as a parent this season? We’re glad you asked!
Support Your Child
Support your child by giving encouragement and showing an interest in his or her team. Help your child work toward skill improvement and good sportsmanship in every game. Teach your child that hard work and an honest effort are often more important than victory. Your child will be a winner, even in defeat.
Always Be Positive
Parents are not participants on their child’s team. However, they do contribute to the success experienced by their child and the team. Parents serve as role models for their children. Applaud good plays by your child’s team and by the opposing team. Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from youth sporting activities.
Be Enthusiastic and Supportive
Let children set their own goals and play the game for themselves. Be careful not to impose your own standards and goals on your child. Don’t put too heavy a burden on your child to win games. Surveys reveal that 72 percent of children would rather play for a losing team than ride the bench for a winner.
Reinforce Positive Behavior
The best way to help a child to achieve goals and reduce the natural fear of failure is through positive reinforcement. No one likes to make a mistake. If your child does make one, remember that he or she is still learning. Encourage your child’s efforts and point out the good things your child accomplished.
Let Coaches Coach and Refs Ref
Coaches and referees are ALL VOLUNTEERS. They volunteer their time to help make your child’s youth soccer experience a positive one. They need your support, too. What coaches and referees don’t need is your help in coaching from the sidelines. So please refrain from coaching during games and practices. Referees (youth or adult refs have been trained) and are not the “bad guys.” They are volunteers, too, and need your support and encouragement. Treat them and their calls fairly and respectfully.
HELP Out where you can
Since we are an all-volunteer organization we are always looking for support with painting fields, setting up nets for the day, tearing down at the end of the day, etc. There is a multitude of ways that you can help that you can do without having to commit hours of time to us. All you have to do is reach out to us. You can fill out a volunteer form online atwww.eayso.org and fill out as a new/returning volunteer and shoot us an email at email@example.com and let us know where you can help out. Don’t assume your child’s coach wouldn’t like support, offer to help out at practice or even on game day with little things, they are a volunteer too. Any help is better than none.
Lastly, we would not be here without awesome families like yours joining us each season. We are proud to be a part of your life and hope that you are able to enjoy the season as much as we are. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions. You can find specific board member contact information on our website www.kentwoodayso.org
We look forward to seeing you on the fields this weekend; Take pictures and share them with us on Facebook!
Kentwood AYSO Board Members
Game Schedule Excel File Download
To download the Game Schedule Excel File, click here.
The Fall Season is Here!
We’ve painted the fields and checked the air in the game balls, the teams are set, the refs are ready and all we’re waiting for is YOU! Our Season starts September 12, 2015 and we can’t wait!
Please note: There are new field configurations this season. Please see the maps on our website under: Home>Region Information>Field Locations, or click here to go the Field Locations page.
The Coaches, Referees and Staff of